This baked apple-cranberry dessert recipe had my mouth watering before I had even finished reading the directions. I decided that the kids and I would try making this as soon as we got back from our library trip this afternoon - and I can't wait. I am sitting here imagining the awesome aromas that will fill the house when the apples and cranberries start to bake....oh my!
Plus, this looks like a pretty easy-peasy recipe - the kind I heart:
1. 5 medium-sized Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2. 1 cup fresh whole cranberries
3. juice from 1/2 a lemon
4. 1/3 cup sugar
5. 1/2 cup flour
6. 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
7. 3/4 cup brown sugar
8. 1/4 teaspoon salt
9. 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
10. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
11. 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl toss together apple slices, cranberries, lemon juice and sugar. Pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
3. Make topping. Mix flour, oats, sugar, salt and spices in a large bowl. Blend in butter, using a pastry cutter or your fingers, until the mixture resembles small peas. Sprinkle over apples.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until apples are bubbling and topping is brown and crisp. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe comes from Shine - and they have lots more Autumn dessert ideas to check out as well!!